Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Origin of the word "SENSEX"

It stands for passion, ambition, prosperity, foresight and risk. Hovering around 20,000, Sensex is one of the hottest Indian brands. Little did Deepak Mohoni know that his coinage Sensex would assume so much significance in the times to come.

An IIT and IIM pass-out, Mr Mohoni is the CEO of TrendwatchIndia and humbly admits that it was for reasons of clear simplicity that he abbreviated the word that went on to become a sensation. “I had to type two words for writing sensitive index. So for ease, I christened it Sensex for my columns in 1989,” says Mr Mohoni whose columns used to appear in publications.

While many feel that brand Sensex may be hottest brand these days, hotter even than any cricketer or film personality, until the mid 1990, no one except Mr Mohoni used the word Sensex....>> More

Source : Economic Times Nov. 8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am used to visit to your web blog oftenly and I used to search about online business. I am having a good webiste for getting much traffic solution through my online directory and classified website.





Indian Free Classifieds


Shipping Directory


Part Time Jobs

Leonardi linken said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up
Visit free gift card code generator google play gift card code generator

Business Line - Markets

Business Line - Investment World